dr Hanna Rajfura
The periodical “Studia Źródłoznawcze” has been published by the Institute of History of the Polish Academy of Sciences since 1957. The journal was established by the community of medievalists from Poznań and Warsaw, and for many years it was edited and published both in Poznań and Warsaw. The first Editorial Committee included Aleksander Gieysztor, Gerard Labuda, and Brygida Kürbis, who initially was assistant editor, and from the publication of the second volume (1958) was the Committee member. For a long time – from vol. 2 (1958) to vol. 31 (1987) – it was Ryszard Walczak (d. 1989), who was editorial assistant to the Editorial Committee. The double volume 32–33 for the year 1990 was edited and prepared for publication by him, and his deputy was Danuta Zydorek. Next, the post of editorial assistant was taken up by Tomasz Jasiński (vol. 34 –1993), then by Danuta Zydorek (vol. 35 – 1994, and vol. 36 – 1997).
In 1969 (vol. 14), the Editorial Committee was joined by Ireneusz Ihnatowicz. Volumes 19 and 20 for the years 1974 and 1976 were prepared and edited by the Committee with a new member in the person of Emanuel Rostworowski. In 1976 (vol. 21), the Committee was also joined by Ryszard Kiersnowski (to vol. 32 of 1990), and in 1990 – by Maria Koczerska, Stefan K. Kuczyński and Józef Szymański.
Since 2000 (vol. 37) “Studia Źródłoznawcze” has been published in Warsaw. At that time the Board Committee included: Zbigniew Dalewski, Maria Koczerska (editor), Stefan. K. Kuczyński (editor), and Marek Słoń (assistant editor). In 2001 (vol. 39), the Committee was joined by Maria Starnawska, in 2009 (vol. 47) by Piotr Węcowski and Anna Salina (assistant editor), in 2011 (vol. 49) by Andrzej Rachuba (editor), in 2012 (vol. 50) by Marek D. Kowalski. Marta Piber-Zbieranowska – the journal’s assistant editor in 2010 (vol. 48), still holds the post. Since 2013 Rafał Rutkowski has been the periodical’s editorial assistant.
At present, the post of editor-in-chief is jointly held by Habilitated Doctor Piotr Węcowski (Institute of History of the University of Warsaw), and Professor Andrzej Rachuba (Institute of History of the Polish Academy of Sciences).
* The Assistant Editor is authorised to sign the accounts to work contracts on behalf of the periodical.